Tuesday 23 October 2012

Fairislerona knits for Etsy...

Today has been a stinker of a day - weatherwise - after glorious weather on Sunday : wall to wall sunshine and really warm, today it has rained all day and our village has been fog bound.  But its days like this that I absolutely love - because I don't feel bad getting on with my own 'crafting'.  
I think its about time a told you a bit about my own design work that I do.....I have a part time job that keeps things financially afloat but when I'm not working and I get the opportunity I like to do my own knitwear design and I do hand knitting and machine knitting.  I LOVE my knitting machine, I think its about 40 years old and I bought it second hand 20 years ago - from a knitting shop in Glasgow and its a Knitmaster. I love using machinery to create: I had the same feeling when I used to weave at College.

So, this is a picture of my trusty knitting machine in my 'creative space' of our house....







And this is the rest of my little room which is in a very tidy state in this photo - but is generally a designers mess....but I'm fortunate that I can close the door and not look at it!  There is nothing that I like better than looking out at the rain, listening to Radcliffe and Maconie on 6 music in the afternoon and doing a bit of designing....BLISS!




At the moment I am working on items for my Etsy shop and they are Fair Isle items made of Shetland yarn.  I have made some cushions so far.....









And some Kindle sweaters......




So if your thinking Fairisle this winter check my Etsy site out....



2 comments:

  1. What a lovely creative space you have Rona - I'm quite envious, hehe! Love seeing your knitting machine and your balls of yarn - the shop is looking fab! :)
    Alison :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Alison! I have had a great week - my friend gave me a vintage Bernina sewing machine: don't know if it works but I'm happy just looking at it at the moment.....I have a lady who is coming from Wales to do a crochet workshop:my first booking via my blog and I won a giveaway from 'Hand Knitted Things'. Yay!
    Rona :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews