Wednesday 25 March 2015

Work in progress - A 'Ohio Star Quilt'



I've been developing new projects to teach for Rowan and following on from the success of 'Quilt in a Day' I am now planning a 'Ohio Star Quilt', in fact my first workshop for this is being run on June 13th @ John Lewis, Sheffield.  Although the quilt is one large 'block' of Ohio Star this workshop will show you how to develop smaller blocks to make into a quilt.  I have produced the above sample as a trial and its using Rowan's latest Spring collection of fabrics, I really love the colour combination of lime green and pink, its looks so 'Spring' like and fresh.  Its always a bit of a problem knowing the best way to show a quilt and I have used the washing line before now but I need colour in the garden, so on the carpet was the best I could do.



I am also developing a 'Learn to Sew' project using the fabrics above, this will be a complete beginners project and will be an item of clothing - I'll post the pictures when it's completed.  I love this floral fabric in the Rowan range I think its very 60's-ish and reminds me of fabrics designed by Celia Birtwell. Its one of the current range and I'm hoping that my 'students' will be able to use it.

We just need a bit of sunshine now to appreciate these lovely Spring fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews